Tak likes to growl a lot when she plays.
Posts archived in furkids
Not food related, but this is how Tak gets ready for bed. Caught on my iPhone.
Tak was in the backyard while I was cutting the grass. During one pass, I noticed she had something. Turned out to be a baby bunny. Oh no! I got it away from her. It was a little brown guy about 6″ long. He screamed a couple of times when I picked him up, but stopped when he realized the big hairless ape wasn’t going to hurt him. He had a scrape on his bottom and he was bleeding a little from somewhere. I walked him over to the fence and put him just on the other side hoping his mama would find him. Plus, I think they live out there and not in the yard. He didn’t move and it almost looked like his butt wasn’t working. I walked away and came back in a couple of min and he was gone. So hopefully he was just waiting for me to go away before he ran away. Hope the little guy will be okay. If there’s an upside, I got to hold a little baby bunny! So cute!
Andrea at The Daily Kitten is featuring Possum’s babies starting today. Jack, the one Eric took, is the first one up. Although the first pic in the Jack set is actually Grover. It’s hard for me to tell their tiny selves apart. It’s almost impossible for someone else. They were so much fun! It’s weird to think that Grover and Girl Kitty have lived their entire lives in my house.
I thought yesterday morning was cold. Especially when Grover escaped as I was letting when I let Tak out for her first pee. Chasing him around the yard for ten minutes all bleary eyed at 5:30am was not much fun. He runs, he meows, he runs some more. I think he finally let me catch him when he realized he was cold. It’s a good think he’s a handsome cat. See?
On to food. If you haven’t made the Cholent from Veganomicon, this is the perfect time for it. After chasing Mr. Short Bus cat around the yard, I swear I would have eaten this for breakfast if I’d had any left. So warming and satisfying. The tvp chunks have the perfect chew to them. It’s like the stew my mom made growing up without all the death. Hell, next time I might even make it with biscuits on top like she did if I don’t make it into a pot pie form.
Tak is really needy this evening. She’s insisting on laying across my chest. And grunting. She’s doing it as I type this. To be fair, the grunting really only happens when I squeeze her.
- Ina Garten made something vegan today. No really!
- To the companion animal that keeps puking on my bed: please do that on the hardwood floors in the future. kthx
- According to Paula Deen, fish “has no fat.” Um, okay.
- So far, this election has been far more entertaining than I’d imagined. I’m not looking forward to Tuesday when it’ll probably narrow down to two.
- They’ve made this whole blog customization crap way too easy. Why I remember when templates were so simple and bare that you had to fiddle with ‘em forever to get them to look reasonable. Now it’s just grab, upload, activate. Select widgets. Done. I haven’t touched the code at all this evening. I’m getting soft.